If you are a chocolate lover, you will be needing these in your life! Zucchini Brownies are so rich, so moist and so decadent… you won’t believe how amazing they are! The great thing is that the zucchini (not fat) keeps these ultra moist!
My kids totally chow down on these and have no clue that they have veggies in them…
Pin it to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Slim Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes & tips!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2½ cups grated zucchini, undrained (about one large)
- ⅓ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.
- Mix together oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla and egg. Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in separate bowl.
- Combine the grated zucchini, the flour mixture and sugar mixture. Stir until well combined. Note: The batter will be very thick and seem dry.
- Bake 22-28 minutes (do not overbake).
- Once you remove the cake from the oven, combine butter, cocoa powder, milk and sugar in a small pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow to boil vigorously for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips. Immediately pour over warm brownies. Let cool completely before cutting.