Pin it to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Slim Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes & tips!
I love pasta salad and this one is no exception!
Filled with lots of delicious goodies and topped with an amazing dressing, this hearty salad makes for a delicious dinner… and leftovers are amazing for lunch the next day!
This dressing contains buttermilk and surprisingly buttermilk is a great low fat choice! Traditionally, buttermilk was the liquid leftover after making butter.. and the cultures in the milk would make it thick and sour tasting. The buttermilk we buy in supermarkets now is most often skim milk with cultures added to it.. which means it doesn’t contain a ton fat but adds an amazing zesty flavor to dishes.
- 8 oz dry pasta shells
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken breast
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded & diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- ¼ cup light cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- ⅓ cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Toss all ingredients except avocado with dressing .
- Top with avocado pieces just before serving.