Creamy Chicken Alfredo!
Pin it to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Slim Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes & tips!
Chicken Alfredo.. delish! Seriously this is so good!
Did you know when you order Chicken Alfredo at your average restaurant, you are ordering a whopping 1547 calories and 97 grams of fat! CRAZY huh?
This has all of the flavor without all of the fat! This recipe calls for 2 cups of cooked chicken. You can either cook the chicken with a little non-stick spray in a frying pan, use a store bought rotisserie chicken or (my favorite) grill it! This recipe will amaze you .. rich, creamy and oh so delicious!!
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons light cream cheese (not fat free)
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- 12 oz. fresh fettuccine
- Over medium heat, put olive oil and garlic in a pan. Cook about 1 minute.
- Add flour to cold milk until dissolved and add to pan. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly. Once thickened, turn heat off stir in cream cheese, salt & nutmeg until melted. Add parmesan and chicken.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with sauce and top with parsley and additional cheese.