Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu!
Pin it to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Slim Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes & tips!
I love cordon bleu! It’s one of my favorite chicken dishes… the problem is that it’s almost always breaded and fried or deep fried! Definitely delicious but super high in fat!
This easy Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe has all of the flavor but not all of the fat! Chicken is marinated in an amazing sauce and then grilled up tender and juicy & topped with ham and swiss cheese! I like to order the ham at the deli counter and have them shave it very thin for this recipe. I know it’s the same … but it just tastes better to me!
We sometimes dip this into a light honey mustard sauce but it’s just great on it’s own!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 slices low fat deli ham
- 4 oz light swiss cheese
- Mix together Dijon, Honey, Soy Sauce and Lemon juice.
- Combine the chicken breasts and marinade and let sit up to 4 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill to medium and grill the chicken 6-7 minutes per side or until juices run clear and the chicken reaches 170 degrees.
- Add ham and cheese on top and close grill for about 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.