I. love. snacking. I could actually give up “real” meals and snack day and night. Chips & dips of any kind always top my list, along with cheese. So here’s the skinny… this guacamole tastes just as fresh and delicious as your usual guacamole but has just a fraction of the fat and calories! I love this for dipping or topping grilled chicken for fish!
Guacamole is typically made from mashed avocado! Avocados are amazingly healthy and filled with healthy fats, protein and fiber not to mention, they’re delicious! But… when you
pound back enjoy as much guac as I do then having a lower cal option is awesome!
- 2 cups frozen baby peas, thawed
- 3 small avocados
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Homebaked Tortilla chips for serving
- Place drained peas in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Juice limes (you should get about 4 tablespoons juice) and set aside.
- Peel and slightly mash avocados. Toss with 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients in a bowl except. Serve immediately with homemade tortilla chips.